RAFA NADAL TENNIS CENTRE
A new line of sports centers
Rafa Nadal launches the Rafa Nadal Tennis Centre; a new line of sports centers, as a complement to the Rafa Nadal Academy by Movistar (located in Mallorca, Spain).
These new sports centers are located in the vicinity of resorts and high-class vacation facilities at leading international destinations. The goal is to offer tennis programs for guests and residents in the area so they can play and receive tennis lessons with the highest standards.
Through the agreement signed with Palladium Hotel Group, the first Rafa Nadal Tennis Centre, currently under construction, is scheduled to open its doors in November 2018 in Costa Mujeres located north of Cancun (Mexico). The idea is for the Centre to become part of the facilities of both hotels: The Royal Suites Coral Hotel and Grand Palladium Costa Mujeres Resort & Spa that the chain is building in this destination in Mexico.
Tennis programs of all levels and age groups will be available for guests, residents and area visitors at the new Rafa Nadal Tennis Centre Costa Mujeres. Each tennis training program offered at the Rafa Nadal Tennis Centre is personalized, of high-quality and conducted by coaches of the Rafa Nadal Academy by Movistar. These programs have been developed from an exclusive training system, based on the experience acquired by Rafa Nadal and his technical team during more than fifteen years of his professional career on the ATP circuit and based on the knowledge developed at the Rafa Nadal Academy by Movistar. The Academy opened its doors in May 2016 in Mallorca and more than 2,000 players have already passed through.
Rafa Nadal Tennis Centre Costa Mujeres has:
- 8 clay tennis courts.
- A soccer field 7.
- One paddle court.
- A gym for warm-ups, stretches and basic training.
- An exhibition of objects and clothes of Rafa Nadal.
- A store with exclusive premium sports products and racket stringing service.
- A bar/cafeteria with TV screens so guests can watch tennis matches and other sports.
The tennis programs offered at the Rafa Nadal Tenis Centre Costa Mujeres
The tennis programs offered at the Rafa Nadal Tennis Centre Costa Mujeres and the main content of the Rafa Nadal Academy by Movistar are the following:
- Summer Camp: this high-intensity tennis program is held weekly during the summer months. The program combines tennis lessons with recreational activities for youngsters between the ages of 8 and 18 years. This program is intended so that players get a high-intensity tennis experience.
- Weekly Program: this weekly tennis personalized training program for kids is designed according to the characteristics of each group. It’s held every week during the months of September and June. The intensive program is aimed at players from the ages of 12 to 18 who have been playing high-intensity tennis for at least three to four years and train between six to eight hours a week. The objectives are: maximize strengths and minimize the weaknesses of the players.
PROGRAMS FOR ADULTS
- Adult Weekly Tennis Camp: this weekly tennis training program (with a maximum of four players per coach) takes place each week throughout the year starting and ending on Sunday. Training takes place from Monday to Saturday and Sunday is for rest or to perform other activities at the resort or area. Each Monday, our coaches give players a level test and a training group is assigned depending on their level of play at the Adult Weekly Tennis Camp.
- Adult Tennis Break: this is a three-day tennis training program (with a maximum of four players per coach). This program is held from Thursday to Sunday each week throughout the year. Training takes place from Thursday to Saturday and Sundays are used to rest or perform other activities at the resort or area. Each Thursday, our coaches give players a level test and a training group is assigned depending on the tennis level of each player.
- Premium Program: this INDIVIDUAL tennis training program features high level personalized tennis lessons, along with a series of exclusive services that optimize the physical and psychological performance of each player and is adapted to the level and their needs. The main objectives of this personalized tennis training program are to maximize the strengths and minimize the player’s defects. The focus is on improving the performance in all areas that are worked on during the program: tennis training, physical preparation and mental training.